To make a little bit of a change from my many recent outfit posts I’m showing you a makeup look that I’ve done recently. I completely fell in love with the Sleek i-Divine Storm palette when I got it for my birthday and my favourite colour is the blue so I decided to do a tutorial centred around that colour. If you want to see the video tutorial then check out my YouTube channel (the link is at the bottom). For a full products list check out the bottom of the page!
As per usual I first applied my Simple moisturiser and then the Nivea primer, patting this in gently and then waiting a few minutes for it to sink in properly.
I began by applying the So Perfect Stay concealer on the red patches on my cheeks. the sides of my nose and any other red patches/blemishes I had and blended it out using the EcoTools foundation brush. I then used the slightly lighter So Clear concealer to highlight a little down my nose and under my eyes and just touch up any red patches still showing. Again I blended this using the same foundation brush. To set that I used the Stay Matte pressed powder by Rimmel and patted it into my face gently using the ModelsOwn powder brush.
Contouring and Highlighting:
To contour I first used the darker shade in the Seventeen kit and the EcoTools Angled Brush (not pictured) to contour just under my cheekbones. I then used the EcoTools powder brush to apply the lighter colour form the same kit to my cheekbones, jawline, and down the centre of my face. To bronze and contour a little further I applied the Collection bronzer right at the outer edges of my existing contour and along the underside of my jawline using the unknown powder brush. To add a little shimmering highlight I applied the Revolution highlighter to the tops of my cheekbones and a little above the arches of my brows and down my nose using the Superdrug powder brush.
I filled in my brows as usual, using the chocolate brown colour from the Revolution palette and applying it with the EcoTools flat liner brush before setting them using the Natural Collection clear mascara to also brush them into place.
As a couple of extra bits I applied the Avon lip salve which has a really nice shimmer to it but doesn’t add any colour to the lips just to moisturise them. I then prepared my lashes by curling them for about 20 seconds on each side.
To begin with I applied the shade Snow Storm in the inner corners of my eyes using the ModelsOwn shadow brush and also just a little under the arches of my brows to highlight.
Then I applied the shade Calm Before The Storm all over my lids using the Superdrug Pro:11 brush.
To introduce the blue colour I took the Superdrug Pro:13 brush and applied the shade Electric Storm in the outer V of my eyes. I then blended that out using the Pro:11 brush again.
I next took Snow Storm again and patted it over the Calm Before The Storm colour using the Pro:11 brush and blended the edges slightly with the blue. This lightened up the centre of my lids and added a nice shimmer.
Finally for eyeshadow I took Electric Storm again and applied it to the very outer corner of the outer V to intensify the colour and increase the depth of the look. I used the ModelsOwn shadow brush to apply just a little bit and patted it on without blending.
For mascara I applied a coat of the Volume by the Lash mascara to both top and bottom lashes, followed by a coat of the 24hr mascara. The to finish I applied another coat of the first mascara to my top lashes only.
This is one of my favourite makeup looks for a long time and I really hope you liked it! I opted not to put on my usual black liquid liner but I probably would if I were to wear this look for a night out. Check out my YouTube video (https://youtu.be/tkPHvJqK8ZQ) to see me actually applying this makeup!
Full Product List:
- Moisturiser – Simple Kind to Skin Protecting Light Moisturiser with SPF15
- Primer – Nivea Daily Essentials Express Hydration Primer
- Concealers – Miss Sporty So Perfect Stay (01 Light), Miss Sporty So Clear (01 Light)
- Pressed Powder – Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder (003 Peach Glow)
- Contour – Seventeen Define & Conquer Contour Kit (Fair)
- Bronzer – Collection Bronze Glow Shimmering (Medium)
- Highlighter – Revolution Vivid Baked Highlighter (Peach Lights)
- Shadow Palettes – Revolution Redemption Palette (Iconic 1), Sleek i-Divine Palette (Storm 578)
- Mascaras – Natural Collection Lashcare Mascara (Clear), NYC Big and Bold Volume by the Lash Mascara (Extra Black), NYC Big and Bold 24hr Mascara (Extra Black)
- Lash Curlers – No.7
- Lip Salve – Avon ColourTrend (Coral Shimmer)
- Brushes – EcoTools Foundation Brush, ModelsOwn Powder Brush, EcoTools Angled Brush, EcoTools Powder Brush, Unknown Powder Brush, Superdrug Powder Brush, EcoTools Flat Liner Brush, ModelsOwn Shadow Brush, Superdrug Pro:11 Brush, Superdrug Pro:13 Brush